Conditions of Sale.
- We reserve the right to accept or refuse any articles sent in for sale.
- Items not in working condition are subject to disposal at our sole discretion. Any costs incurred with respect to cleaning, disposal, or minor repairs will be deducted from the sale of the item.
- Small wares will be grouped in saleable lots at the Auctioneer’s discretion and itemized where possible.
- Owners may not withdraw any property from sale after signing this agreement.
- The highest bidder whose bid is accepted is the purchaser. However, the auctioneer may refuse any bid, with or without cause, and may withdraw any of the goods from sale before they have been knocked down to the bidder at any time.
- You, the order, hereby promise to indemnify and save harmless us from all costs, claims, and expenses, or liabilities with we may incur or be put to (including legal fees on a solicitor and client basis) as a result of any claim made by, for or through the Purchaser or third party arising from the sale of your property.
- Settlement of this account cannot be made until 10 days after the conclusion of sale of all items consigned.
- If your address has changed, it is your responsibility to contact us and inform us of the change and make arrangements to mail/pickup your cheque.
- We are under no obligation to enforce payment by the purchaser. If the purchaser does not pay, or returns your property to us after having taken delivery, and demands the purchase price back, we will notify you of such an event. While reserve the right to cancel the sale and return your property, we may, at our sole discretion, put the property up at a later auction. In this event, we are not liable in any way for accepting a lesser price and are not obligated to influence bidding to reach any equivalent previous bid.
- Inquiries regarding your consignment cannot be taken during the auction they are featured in. All inquiries must be made during office hours or will be answered during office hours.
- Goods are left at the owner’s risk. We are not responsible for any damage, loss, destruction, or theft of property.
- In lieu of providing coverage, you have elected to insure your property yourself by signing this agreement, and you release us from any liability for loss or damage to your property. You and/or your insurer (if any), whether such loss or damage is caused by our negligence or otherwise, waive any right of subrogation against us, our agents, employees, and contractors.
- We will withhold a commission based on the selling price, and you authorize us to collect and retain our buyer’s premium. This premium is above and over the selling price and not included in the consignment settlement.